I was apart of something so AMAZING and WONDERFUL and SWEET this weekend.  A little backstory: I LOVE BABYWEARING.  Its just what works for my family.  I got into it while I was pregnant with Alabama, and became so obsessed with learning all the carries, and memorizing the benefits of skin to skin, and blah blah blah, that when So-Cal Babywearers popped up on my radar, and they were looking for leaders/educators for BabywearingLA, I immediately jumped out of my skin and applied.  I was over-the-moon when I was chosen to be one of 2 leaders for West Los Angeles.  I was even more jazzed when I became fast friends with my co-leader.

This last Saturday, all the leaders got together for a class to help build and strengthen us as babywearing helpers for our "play-dates" (meetups for babywearing moms and dads to come and get help with their carriers, try on carriers of interest, and make friends).  It was great, and I learned a TON!


Alabama and I are front and center, in case you didn't catch that.  

There was a time where I said no a lot.  No to dates, to hangouts, to...SO MANY things.   How fearful I was.  Of what you might actually think of me, or the unknown, or whatever else I could hold on to in the self loathing department.  I'm so grateful that I am able to say YES to life today (I totally feel like Jim Carrey in Yes, Man right now...I SWEAR I'm not trying to be).  I've met some pretty amazing mothers.  

How cool is that?

xo.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!