"What if I fall?"

...Oh, but my darling what if you FLY?


I read that quote earlier today.  I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes because it was exactly what I needed to read.

You know what I mean?  When you are starting something new, and you have that fear.  Ugly fear.  And you have to choose between quitting or continuing.

So many times in the past, I have chosen to quit.  I would have an idea, brainstorm, get excited, but get to caught up in the "what ifs" and the "people won't like this" and it roadblocked me.  Just makes you sad, doesn't it?  I wonder how many other people out there stop because of that kind of fear.

Today, I am choosing to continue.  I have no idea what will come of my little store.  I don't know if people will even like the things I make.  HAHA!

I do know that sewing has brought me much happiness. I know for sure that when I was battling the darkest of days with Postpartum Depression, and that loneliness of being a new mother, sewing saved the day.   I know that I have had more fun than I have had in long time learning to strengthen my sewing skills to design super cute baby things.  Of course, having a baby has been endlessly helpful with that.  ;)  There is just something so fulfilling about making a piece of clothing for my daughter from start to finish, and then seeing it on her....It forces me to enjoy.

Just enjoy it.

No matter what kind of parent you are.  No matter what you are "into".  We can all agree on that one last thing, I think...

and that's that.

xo.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!