I announced yesterday that I am closing my BigCartel store at the end of December.

I had always wanted to sell handmade things online.  It was a dream of mine for years and years.  Once I got started, It was quickly revealed to me how much time had to go into it.  It worked for about a year, but as my daughter kept growing (they do that...ugh) she required more and more hands on time, which she will always come first.

I am grateful for the process though.  Since I gave it a good year, realized it wasn't quite for me in this time of my life, and a whole other world was presented to me.  I started researching and reading about normalizing breastfeeding, normalizing birth, and ways to bond with the baby and child while I was pregnant with Alabama, and fell in love with Doulas.  I fell in love with natural and gently parenting.  I also fell in love with being an emotional support to other moms and dads out there.  I did not have a Doula when I gave birth.  I do not regret it, however, I am excited to have a different experience next time (fingers crossed).

After tons of reading and contemplating, and meeting with Doulas through the babywearing community,  I decided to take the training course to start my journey into becoming a Doula. Now I am working on become certified through DONA, which will be a timely process, however, I am excited.

This isn't the end of my sewing projects, though.  I am a crafter at heart, and I am working on tutorials and gathering information for moms out there that are DYI-ers and money savers like myself.

Evolution is good.  Bring it on.

and for all you picture people:

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!