Its the eve of my birthday.  I am going to be somewhere in my thirties.  I have to admit, its a lot more exciting being in my thirties than I had ever imagined.  When I was a teenager, turning 30 seemed forever away.  It seemed like an existence for someone who was super mature living a well established life somewhere.  I couldn't even fathom the thought of being this "old" back then.  Now that I am standing here, living it, for reals, I can tell you that my ideas were fiercely incorrect.  While my maturity level is questionable, I don't feel super "old".  I mean, I may or may not want to start getting botox (HEY- don't you dare judge me), but emotionally, I feel so much better today than I did in my 20s.  My 20s were spent so inward, so self focused, and so dramatic and crazy.  My perception of people was screwed up, and my perception of myself was just all kinds of wrong.  It took me YEARS, to break out of some of the habits I had.  Now, I feel like my tool bag for life is more filled with a working set, and I am able to use them accordingly....well, to the best of my ability.  ;)

Thank God.

^^^I wrote that yesterday...Now that it is November 13th, my actual birthday, I want to tell you that I had a great day.  I spent it with a friend and her 2 kids, all of whom I adore.  It was just another day, and it was
so sweet.

When I think of how my life was "supposed to turn out", its so far from it.  HAHA!  I was supposed to be an actress, or a famous pianist, or a hairstylist to the stars, or a bus driver (that last one was a dream I had when I was in kindergarten).  All of those things I really didn't want to work toward.  None of those things, I don't think, would have brought me to this moment.

This moment is pretty damn cool.

xoxo.Bree
this is me grabbing Minnie's ass by accident.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!