I remember meeting this particular friend I had in 7th grade.  I was super awkward and didn't make friends easily, and I remember being over the moon when she wanted to be my friend.  We palled around for a few years and then the unit dissolved, as many young friendships do.  The one thing I always think about when I feel nostalgia kick in are the pickles her mom used to make.  I had never heard of anyone making pickles before, and up until that point, I thought they grew out of the ground that way.

These pickles were special.  They had this very distinct flavor that stuck with me for years.  I vowed to learn how to make them myself one day, and almost 15 years later, I finally did.

I have had insomnia on and off for years.  I can't quite explain it.  Maybe I had too much caffeine throughout that day, maybe its some weird hidden ailment, who knows, but sometimes I just can't sleep.  I have learned to do things to occupy my time during those nights.  I usually sew, but sometimes I'll invent some strange, off the wall task like making hair extensions (ex hairstylist, hello), and sometimes I will make pickles.

I really like this recipe for easy garlic pickles. I like my pickles super spicy and super sour, so I add jalapeños to this recipe. You can tweak it to your liking, though, that's what's so cool about pickling.

Pickle,

Pickle.

Insomnia Pickles.

Ok I am done now.  Bye.



 

 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!