It started off as a serious jealousy toward a dress Dita Von Teese's gorgeous Vivienne Westwood dress she wore a few years back.  That dress was the perfect amount of class and sophistication paired with sensuous and sultry.  Vivienne Westwood is just, amazing.  The End. 





I bought this gorgeous cotton fabric at Michael Levine downtown.  (I love that store for all my fabric buys)  I had no real plans for it at the time, but I knew I wanted to turn it into a skirt, or something of the like.  My favourite part of the whole sewing process is watching it hit the stage where you can envision wearing it.  You can see yourself walking around in your handmade ensemble.  It's very pleasurable, in my opinion, to look in the mirror for the first time after everything has been hemmed, altered, and cut, and sigh a huge sigh of conquer.  Because fuck yea, my friend.  I made that! and I look damn good. <3  (but no really, though) ;)



These are shots of it as I was working on it.  

 


xoxo.bree

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!