I've been sitting here for the last hour listening to my neighbors laugh hysterically at a movie while trying to focus on writing something so very profound for everyone to read on my shiny blog.
No dice.
What I don't want to tell you is that I am so very tired, my back hurts, Bam (my 12 month old daughter) is cutting a tooth and has an awesome fever (with 2 amber necklaces on, mind you), and I should be sitting at my sewing machine being very creative and creating something new and tasty for everyone. 
BUT- no dice.
I'm being such a whiner.





Ugh....

I'll tell you a bit about my husband.  
My mom gifted us a 40 gallon fish tank.  My husband always had a fish tank up until a few years ago when we moved and sold everything.  Including his fish tank.  So when my mom mentioned that she was upgrading from a 40 gallon to a 100 gallon, his aquarium antlers went up, WAY UP, and soon enough, we were loading this fish tank into the back of our Prius.  
Let me tell you a bit about my husband.  
He's a funny guy. Always making up dances in grocery stores, or moon-walking his way through the line at Starbucks.  
In NO WAY at all, does he think his aquariums are funny.  It's serious, people, and to even look at the aquarium in a weird way would put shame on the aquarium.
..and we just can't have that. 
He wanted to make sure I was on board with studying up on the selection of different freshwater breeds of fish we could choose for our aquarium.  All I really wanted were some cool fancy goldfish.  They are so beautiful when they get bigger.  OBVIOUSLY, I am absolutely ridiculous for even mentioning this.  He of course LAUGHED at the very thought of having fancy goldfish in HIS fish tank.  "Goldfish!  How amateur!", he would say.  I reluctantly agreed to his terms.  I was to pick a few kinds.  Study behavior, habitat, compatible fish, and when I had made my decision, I was to call every aquarium store within a 65 mile radius to find these magical chosen fish.  
So now, we are on week 3 of fish tank bliss.  Bliss meaning we had only water in it for the first 2.  He finally picked out the right gravel to have at the bottom.  He found some nice big rocks to display throughout, and as a joke (he says), came home with a fancy goldfish.  He has since bought a few guppies  to help "curate" the tank (i'm no tank expert, so don't even ask me what that means), and all the guppies died except that damned first goldfish.  Today, he looked at me and said, "You know, some fancy goldfish breeds are really pretty.  Can you please research all the different breeds, study behavior, habitat, and call around and see which stores carry the kind that you want?"

I love my husband.  

goodnight friends.
xo.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!