My husband and I finally went to a movie.  We hadn't been to a movie since the final Batman came out.  At 17 months postpartum, I figured it was finally time to, umm, venture out into the big world minus Alabama.
  We saw Into the Woods.  Stacey hated it.  He fell asleep twice.  He will tell you that it was only once, but it was really three times....I loved it, naturally, because I loved the original with Bernadette Peters.    Bernadette Peters is my spirit animal.  Bernadette Peters is who I want to play me in the motion picture of my life that I KNOW will be made one day.  She is just so.....bold, and refreshing, and dramatic, and unusual.  I just love her.  I really do.
  I often wonder what would happen if burst into song on a whim in the middle of a random activity, say, grocery shopping, or getting a Robek's juice, or walking the dogs.... What would really happen? Would I really be looked at by passersby like the crazed homeless men yammering on about their "friends" over on the boardwalk?  Or would someone really enjoy it?
  After being laughed at by my 1 year old when I entered the room screeching "THERE ARE BIG TALL TERRIBLE GIANTS IN THE SKYYYYYYYYYYYY", I highly doubt I will move forward with my thoughts.  But hey...a girl can imagine the possibilities.

We went to the sweetest birthday party for a friend of ours today.  Their daughter turned 5 years old, and while I absolutely cannot imagine being a mother of a 5 year old, or what that would even look like for my husband and I (or even what I will look like in 5 years...vanity is real, folks), It was so sweet to be able to think back on this little 5 year old as a baby and how fast the time has truly gone by watching her grow up into a gorgeous little human.

Present for the journey.  What a gift that is.  <3

xo.bree



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!