I went for a short walk today with everyone (the dogs and Bam).  I turned the corner on my street and walked right into a giant spider web....WITH A SPIDER IN IT.  Sure, I am one of those annoying people that will talk NON-STOP about how spiders are the worst thing in the world....But can you disagree when you unwillingly and unexpectedly have one ON YOU?!  I flailed my body around (it was in my hair, then dropped down IN BETWEEN BAM AND ME (she was on my back in her carrier).  This is, quite possibly, my worst nightmare.  I TORE her off my back, got rid of the spider (the killing was actually an accident but RIP good buddy), and stood there in complete disbelief of what just happened.  When I finally collected myself and wrapped Bams back up, I heard a clapping and laughing coming from across the street.  This entire escapade happened right in front of a group of guys, maybe all around 25 years old.  Of course.  3 cheers to my smoothness.

Awesome.

I will say that it prompted me to laugh.  I laughed at myself a good lot for the following hour after the incident.

Laughing is so good.  Thank God for that.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!